meta tag

Monday 25 August 2008

Verbal reasoning

The summer holidays in England are almost over. We are busier now than we were when the schools were on. Riya is showing a lot of improvement in Malayalam reading and writing. She is reading small words easily now. Usaully people tend to forget languages easily if we don’t use them. Arabic and Bengali were the languages I was fluent in. Because I have not been using them for long time, most of the words and letters are forgotten now. I am still an official interpreter of Arabic language in my workplace, but I struggle sometimes with Bengali. I will make sure that Riya keeps in touch with Malayalam language on everyday basis. I am so happy that she will be able to enjoy works of great Malayalam writers, especially poems.
Another thing which took my time and attention whole of this school holidays is the eleven plus tests for Riya. Even though she is only nine years old, we have started practicing the eleven plus tests, which she will be writing on 2010 march for the entrance tests for her high school admission in Sept 2010. I am badly stuck on the ‘non verbal reasoning tests’ and ‘verbal reasoning tests’. My brain is under severe stain. Even though I am a little older than an eleven year old J, it is still a bit of a struggle for me to help Riya to do them. Surprisingly, Riya is doing really well with them now, getting less than 5 mistakes out of 50.. She has got two years to practice four papers. I hope she will do well in the tests and get admission in one of our dream schools.
Finally India won a gold in the Olympics. I expected at least a silver from Rathode and a bronze for Dola Banerjee. But that was a disappointment. Thanks and congratulations to Mr.Bindra on his golden achievement. Whole country is proud of you. Also, a very happy independence day to all of you.
That’s all for now.
Time to get back to the ‘verbal reasoning’ test.
Be back soon.

No comments: