meta tag

Friday 10 April 2009

Jade's Legacy.

Jade Goody passed away on mothers' day early morning. I never liked her, in fact, I hated her after the Big brother episode with Shilpa Shetty. Although I did not consider her as a celebrity, I still kept reading articles about her in magazines. Shilpa Shetty generated immense admiration in my mind because of the way she handled the issue with Jade in the Big brother house.
I was actually shocked when I heard about Jade's cervical cancer. Like everyone else, I also did now know the seriousness of the illness untill it came in the news papers that it had affected few other systems in her body and it is in an irrecoverable stage. After few sessions of chemotherapy and operations, Jade fianlly lost her battle against cancer.
I feel extremely sorry for Jade, and it was heart breaking to see her children at her bedside in the hospital. Cancer is the second most common cause of death in the united kingdom. I am happy to notice the increased awareness and interest to get screened for cancer in people, especially women. The government is planning to reduce the age for screening for cervical cancer from 25yrs to 20 years. I urge every women out there to go and get it done. cancer is curable if diagnosed early.
After Jade's episode, I have become a lot more appreciative of life. I am a lot more thankful to God for each and every day, and I try to enjoy my life. Jade, being a person I never liked, helped me to be a better human being. Thanks Jade.
I hope Jade's legacy will save a lot of young women in the world from cervical cancer.

May her soul rest in peace!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks chandrika.

Unknown said...

may her soul rest in peace!

Unknown said...

who is jade? whoever it is , may her soul rest in peace!